Friday 16 October 2009

And now, a little something for me.

Day 2: the epilogue

I have to admit, sometimes when I’m having a party, even when it’s for someone specific and thematically linked, I often take it as an opportunity to try things which have peaked my interest. This is exactly what happened when I stumbled upon chocolate dipped Florentines on David Lebovitz’s blog. As nuts don’t come cheap in this country, I figured I could justify such a splurge for a party, especially one in which I already needed sliced almonds. I would just “over buy” a little. I’m not going to post to recipe here; you can find it on the link above. I will only post pictures for your enjoyment. Chocolate dipped or not, these are delicious. I suggest you try both. <3



Ps. if you do make these, really make sure they are done of the bottom. Take them out of the oven, let them cool for a little while, because they will not be solid when you take them out, lift the off the parchment paper and check that the bottoms are brown right into the centre. You can always pop them back in the oven for a few more minutes without harming them. They should not be moist & sticky once they cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment